Paul J. Mercier, Jr. CPA, Canterbury NH
From 1979 to 1996, Paul grew from a college graduate to a shareholder and director of Plodzik & Sanderson, a leading provider of municipal audit services in New Hampshire. His most recent responsibilities with that firm included:
- Oversight of the Firm’s continuing professional education systems
- Chairperson of the senior technical group responsible for all Government audit policies
- Professionally responsible for all single audits performed from 1986 through 1996 of which none were rejected by grantor agencies.
- Responsible for automating the firms audit functions
- In-charge experience including Town, School District, Regional Consortiums and Commissions, Court, Public Housing Authority, special-purpose governmental, not-for-profit organizations and commercial entity audits including a Trust Company with over $700 million of assets.
- Management experience including the publishing of a comprehensive accounting manual for a client school District, computer selection, functional or operational audits, information systems development, and many other unique projects for both governmental and commercial entities.
- Developed and presented specialized seminars for clients and client organizations.
On April 1, 1996, Paul established The Mercier Group p.c. with the goal of bringing a higher level of experience to all areas of client service. As a smaller organization with significantly less administrative overhead and the greater use of available technologies, the firm’s mission continues to be an involved resource for both management and staff personnel; bringing over 33 years of experience in providing strong accounting leadership and cultivating effective systems.
Education and Honorarium include:
- Education — BS with honors from Bentley College1979
- Advanced Certification — AICPA Certificate of Educational Achievement in Governmental Accounting
- Past adjunct faculty member of the College for Life Long Learning – University System of NH
- Past member of the Government Finance Officers’ Association’s Technical Review Committee for the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Program. Assistance to clients preparing Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- Work peer reviewed once every three years — unqualified opinions have been received ever since the program was established: 1989, 1992, 1995, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009 and 2012
- Licensed to practice in New Hampshire
- A member of the New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accountants, The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada, The New Hampshire Government Finance Officers Association, and the Rotary Club of Bow New Hampshire.
- Community service participation includes Board and voluntary service for many community, non-profit organizations as well as church and Rotary projects.
The Mercier Group is committed To Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy